Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Tagged Again

Okay, once again I was tagged by Mary. The good thing is that the questions are few, but thought provoking?

1. If I was only allowed to keep one plant in my garden which would it be?

Let's see, the rose bushes are constantly trying to take over everything else; the grasses while they shelter little critters are a pain to clean up at year end; the oriental lilies bloom once then take the rest of the year off; the Lady's Mantle only looks good when water is on the plant; don't even talk about hosta; the vote is still out on Sweet William; the Iris were just planted last fall so no decision can be made; the ones I can't remember the name of are naturally excluded; therefore I choose both the Blackeyed Susans and the Day Lilies. They continue to bloom and multiply from Spring to Autum and I enjoy them equally.

2. If there was only one thing invented in the past 100 years that I was permitted to keep, what would it be?

The automobile because it provides the most freedom and opportunity.

3. Name 3 animals you saw yesterday (excluding cats and dogs).

Hector the squirrel who keeps trying to drink water from my frozen bird bath,
a rabbit running away from an irate Hector, and last but not least some kind of bird.

4. Which season do you like the most?

Summer of course, warm weather, blooming gardens, baseball, sitting in the garden drinking iced tea, barbequing anything, sounds of children playing - Good Times.

5. Name the person who imparted the most wisdom into your life?

My Dad who taught me ...........
  • What being a man means
  • That when all is said and done, your name is your legacy
  • What it means to be a husband and father
  • That hard work is its own reward
  • How to throw a slider and a floater
  • To take responsibilities for my own actions
  • And so much more

3 comments:

Mary said...

It figures that #1 would be too hard for you. :)

I actually teared up at #5.

Anonymous said...

I'm finally able to check these again and I have to agree with Mary.

Anonymous said...

i agree with my two sisters. i also teared up on number five and father, i'll take this opportunity to let you know that you are the one that has imparted the most wisdom in my life. Grandpa did a spectacular job and you have too!