Thursday, December 29, 2005

I Love The IRS

Well, it's tax season again and while studying for my certification test I spent 2 days working on one sample return which carried 35 points toward the final grade. Try as I might I just could not make the return match any of the multiple choice answers for one of the questions. Of course the answer to that question led to the correct answer of the remaining 7, so quite a few points were at stake. I went over the documents provided in the text book over and over again. Now one of the documents was wrong, and I knew it was wrong, (the correct figure wasn't in the right box), but I continued to massage the return because it involved social security, dependent care, pension adjustments, business returns, additional taxes, earned income credits, so there were a lot of places I could have made a mistake. Of course the most obvious one I completely overlooked and finally after two days of total frustration just used the incorrect figure provided by the IRS, and of course everything worked out from there. Problem solved.

The moral of this ranting is now you know why they don't stand by anything they tell you if you call. THEY CAN'T EVEN PRINT THEIR TEXT BOOKS RIGHT.

Soapbox Screamer Computer Smash





3 comments:

Mary said...

Okay, back away from the computer. I think you need to take a stroll around the block - maybe you should drive over and play with the puppy for a while. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, that gives me the warm and fuzzies about tax season. YIKES!

Libby said...

this kinda explains a lot, doesn't it?