Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Tale Of The Rolling Meatball

Once upon a time in a land not too far from here (this is presented as a fairy tale to protect the innocent) there lived a family of bears, Papa bear, Bussiness TeddyMama bear,Mommy and 3 cubs. The lived in a den at the edge of the forest near the village Green. Papa bear worked long hours and Mama bear took care of her cubs feeding them, protecting them, and making sure they learned the ways of the world.

Now most bears absolutely love honey in a jar, in a tree, under a rock, just anyplace. Well, that's most bears. This one particular cub loved, and I mean loved meatballs. So during the school year, yes the cubs had to go to school Teacher the time came when Mama bear and her one cub were invited to school for a mother/daughter dinner with all the other bear parents and cubs. Well things were going along well, everyone was meeting and having a good time and pretty soon dinner was announced. And lo and behold, guess what they had on the menu that night; not the usual fare of honey but meatballs and spaghetti. Pasta Well the little cub was beside herself and when they sat down to eat the little cub grabbed for the coveted meatball, but alas the meatball escaped the clutches of the cub. It jumped from the plate, jumped from the table, and began its dash to freedom. The little cub wasn't about to let that happen, not with the taste of that morsel beckoning her like the call of the Sirens to Homer.

Up from the table she shot and the race was on, across the floor under the other tables rolled the meatball seeking its freedom, followed in hot pursuit by the cub. Of course Mama bear was in pursuit of the cub desperately trying to dignify the scene that was playing out.
Embarrassed
Eventually everything came together, the cub, Mama bear, and the errant meatball, which by the way the cub was not allowed to eat despite protests.

Mama bear and cub finally came home and Papa bear made the mistake of asking how everything went. The only comment was a terse never again; and she never did.

The End







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time...I have been waiting on pins and needles for this story. From the moment I read it I knew who the family of bears were. And considering that Lisa is the only one who doesn't read the blogs I am going to venture a guess that she is the enthusiastic meatball chaser. I can picture it all now. Total chaos and mama bear is just beside herself.

Mary said...

Okay, I've heard this story "several" times before, but I'm in tears and JC just informed me that my last shriek hurt the animals. That was too funny.

Anonymous said...

Barb had to stop what she was working on and ask me if I was laughing or crying. I'm not certain of that one yet since it seems to be both. :) That was priceless!

Libby said...

yay! well worth the wait!!

Christine said...

Is that your version of the "on top of spagetti all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed"
Without the sneezing?

Weebs said...

No Christine, this was a parody on a real life event

Mary said...

By the way, did Mom read this?

Mary said...

You've been tagged! See my When I'm Queen blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see everybody had a good time here. you know, i'm trying to think of something to say to save myself here, but just can't think of any. I did chase the meatball, i hate to waste food! Especially Italian food!